HEAD / TEAM LEAD OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (M/F/D)
We are looking for an Team Engineering Lead (m/f/d) to guide our software and firmware departments to successfully deliver our roadmap and delight our customers.
This role covers two main categories of responsibility:
- Managing, planning and execution of the software and firmware roadmaps
- Recruiting new employees to build your team as well as managing, developing and growing your team members.
You will take very high-level requirements and break them down into work packages that you schedule with the help of your team. This isn't solely a managing position; you'll need to help with architecture design and guide engineers with technical questions as they arise. You will become an expert at servo drive functionality across the industry. You will need to understand the balance between impact in the market and resources required at the technical level. To be efficient, you will need to identify roadblocks before they matter, and help smash them down.
Beyond the technical, you will lead, motivate, and develop Engineering specialists in your department as well as recruiting new employees to build an excellent, high-performing development team! You will help grow and support the department culture and define processes when needed to keep everything running smoothly.
You have a strong practical background in firmware or software development. This gives you an instinctive understanding on how to identify inefficiencies and to optimise the processes. You deeply understand Agile development and have a record of tailoring internal processes to take advantage of the benefits.
Experience in a leadership role with people management responsibility is essential. You understand the importance of working with your team of experts to boost great ideas. Driving initiatives and finding solutions that help your team and your department is what motivates you beyond your people management responsibility.
You are independent, proactive, and communicate well with people. Although you really enjoy writing code, you wish to build something bigger than you could possibly do by yourself. You love getting into the technical weeds and thinking about how everything could be better. You are able to hold large complex systems in your head, and help others reason about them.
- 30 days paid vacation
- Full time (40 hours/per week), permanent contract
- Company pension plan
- We offer the possibility of working from home (if desired)
- Flexible working hours when life life gets in the way
- Annual performance and salary negotiations to align your compensation with your professional success
- Company support for gym memberships provided by Qualitrain
- Job bike to get to work healthy and fit
- Birthday vouchers
- Drinks and coffee (free of charge, of course)
- Daily snacks and fruits for all employees and breakfast every Monday
- Regular global team building events such as boot camps, skiing and a BBQ every Friday in summer. Spouses and children are welcome to join the BBQ on Fridays
- An international team with lots of opportunities for career advancement
- Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and happy to help you to learn and to grow
- Modern office facilities with lounge and football table
- The beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich with nice transport connections
- Shared apartment (WG) upon to availability
- Visa sponsorship, if required
HACKING THE PHYSICS AND ECONOMICS OF MOTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
The company introduces an entirely new approach to motion axes by integrating formerly discrete components, such as motors, drives, sensors and gearboxes into seamless units and digitizing performance and quality factors that are so far dependent on costly mechanical manufacturing. Innovation leaders around the world choose to work with Synapticon to path their way into the future of intelligent, motion control-related systems.
Be part of it, join Synapticon!
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
LocationSteinbeisstr. 1, 71101 Schönaich, Germany
Employment typeFull time
Hi! We’re more than 80 experts actively looking to expand our talent.
Our engineering team is from all walks of life, countries, and cultures. Our diversity drives our creativity, and we look forward to having your unique outlook shape our product.
Working hours and location are flexible at Synapticon, because working families need that. Although you may need to be beside your robot for much of the day, we understand that sometimes getting away from the problem to think is the better approach.
Our unique SoC microprocessor has a massive amount of processing power, available to build unique, real world physics-defying algorithms right into the robot joint. We strive to use the best technology for the problems we are working to solve.