PRINCIPAL HARDWARE DEVELOPER (M/F/D)
We’re looking for a deeply experienced Hardware Developer (m/f/d) to lead the creation of our next generation robotic axis controller.
We need your creativity and passion to help design and develop the most reliable, efficient, and powerful robotics controller on the market. You will be contributing to all phases of product development, from design to series production.
Built on our history of innovative integrated motion concepts, you will work closely with other teams to specify the system requirements and deliver industrial-grade solutions to tough challenges. Your experience is essential to guide the team through verification and qualification processes and ensure the electronics meet all safety and quality requirements.
Some days you will quickly throw together a prototype board for an idea someone really wants to try, and other days you will be building the future of Synapticon. Sometimes those are the same thing.
You have many years of experience with mixed-signal industrial electronics, and are well-versed at bringing products through to series production. Your history of success was made through a combination of techniques, including simulation and prototyping, and you are comfortable with all stages of the development process, from schematic development to layout. You are excited to work on a team to build something bigger than you could do by yourself.
Robotics fascinates you, and you love to learn and create things. Your ability to explain and teach difficult concepts to younger engineers helps them grow, and your ability to foresee potential problems and help others move past roadblocks multiplies the effectiveness of the team. Knowledge of power electronics, analog circuits, and fieldbuses like EtherCAT or CAN are a big plus.
We are especially interested in selecting a candidate that excels in clear and effective communication, both verbally and in writing. Excellently written specifications communicate your clever solutions to the rest of the world. Meetings you lead are informative, and everyone leaves with a common goal.
- 30 days paid vacation
- Full time (40 hours/per week), permanent contract
- Company pension plan
- We offer the possibility of working from home, depending on projects and tasks requirements
- Flexible working hours when life life gets in the way
- Annual performance and salary negotiations to align your compensation with your professional success
- An international team with lots of opportunities for career advancement
- Company support for gym memberships provided by Qualitrain
- Job bike to get to work healthy and fit
- Birthday vouchers
- Drinks and coffee (free of charge, of course)
- Daily snacks and fruits for all employees and breakfast every Monday
- Regular global team building events such as boot camps, skiing and a BBQ every Friday in summer. Spouses and children are welcome to join the BBQ on Fridays
- Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and happy to help you to learn and to grow
- Modern office facilities with lounge and football table
- The beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich with nice transport connections
- Shared apartment (WG) upon to availability
- Visa sponsorship, if required
HACKING THE PHYSICS AND ECONOMICS OF MOTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
The company introduces an entirely new approach to motion axes by integrating formerly discrete components, such as motors, drives, sensors and gearboxes into seamless units and digitizing performance and quality factors that are so far dependent on costly mechanical manufacturing. Innovation leaders around the world choose to work with Synapticon to path their way into the future of intelligent, motion control-related systems.
Be part of it, join Synapticon!
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
Scope of activitiesEngineering and technical
LocationSteinbeisstr. 1, 71101 Schönaich, Germany
Employment typeFull time
Hi! We’re more than 80 experts actively looking to expand our talent.
Our engineering team is from all walks of life, countries, and cultures. Our diversity drives our creativity, and we look forward to having your unique outlook shape our product.
Working hours and location are flexible at Synapticon, because working families need that. Although you may need to be beside your robot for much of the day, we understand that sometimes getting away from the problem to think is the better approach.
Our unique SoC microprocessor has a massive amount of processing power, available to build unique, real world physics-defying algorithms right into the robot joint. We strive to use the best technology for the problems we are working to solve.