FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS (M/F/D)
We are looking for a Functional Safety Engineer (m/f/d) for the permanent position.
You will define, document and implement innovative functional safety concepts for our products. You will be pushing the boundaries of integrated safety by applying an overall system approach to safety development. Your strong suit is functional safety software, but you feel home reading schematics and discussing hardware concepts with our experts as well.
We are sure that the ideal candidate has a passion for functional safety and robotics and a strong urge to envision and develop smarter safety solutions than anybody else in the industry. Great communication skills to bounce ideas with certified bodies and to drive the certification process will help you to efficiently navigate through the sometimes rough waters of safety development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing embedded software for safety critical systems (SIL3 or SIL4)
- Knowledge of V-model development processes for SW and HW
- Familiar with IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
- Experience with reading and understanding norms and regulations
- Knowledge of FMEA, FMEDA and reliability calculations
- Experience with certification processes and communication with notified bodies
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of functional safety for components for the automation industry especially drives and encoders
- Experience with functional safety software development processes
- Experience with the implementation of functional safety software diagnostic functions
- Experience with FSoE, IEC 61800-5-2 and IEC 61800-5-3
- 30 days paid vacation
- Full time (40 hours/per week), permanent contract
- Company pension plan
- We offer the possibility of working from home (if desired)
- Flexible working hours when life life gets in the way
- Annual performance and salary negotiations to align your compensation with your professional successAn international team with lots of opportunities for career advancement
- Company support for gym memberships provided by Qualitrain
- Job bike to get to work healthy and fit
- Birthday vouchers
- Drinks and coffee (free of charge, of course)
- Daily snacks and fruits for all employees and breakfast every Monday
- Regular global team building events such as boot camps, skiing and a BBQ every Friday in summer. Spouses and children are welcome to join the BBQ on Fridays
- Highly competent colleagues who are experts in their field and happy to help you to learn and to grow
- Modern office facilities with lounge and football table
- The beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich with nice transport connections
- Shared apartment (WG) upon to availability
- Visa sponsorship, if required
HACKING THE PHYSICS AND ECONOMICS OF MOTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
The company introduces an entirely new approach to motion axes by integrating formerly discrete components, such as motors, drives, sensors and gearboxes into seamless units and digitizing performance and quality factors that are so far dependent on costly mechanical manufacturing. Innovation leaders around the world choose to work with Synapticon to path their way into the future of intelligent, motion control-related systems.
Be part of it, join Synapticon!
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.
Scope of activitiesProduct management
LocationSteinbeisstr. 1, 71101 Schönaich, Germany
Employment typeFull time
Hi! We’re more than 80 experts actively looking to expand our talent.
Our engineering team is from all walks of life, countries, and cultures. Our diversity drives our creativity, and we look forward to having your unique outlook shape our product.
Working hours and location are flexible at Synapticon, because working families need that. Although you may need to be beside your robot for much of the day, we understand that sometimes getting away from the problem to think is the better approach.
Our unique SoC microprocessor has a massive amount of processing power, available to build unique, real world physics-defying algorithms right into the robot joint. We strive to use the best technology for the problems we are working to solve.